What is the Bloomberg Global Trading Challenge?
The Bloomberg Global Trading Challenge (“Challenge”) is the first university investment competition to take place entirely within the Bloomberg Terminal®. The Terminal is the world’s preeminent market data and analytics system which means you will have access to a wealth of data, news, and state-of-the-art analytics over the course of an eight-week trading cycle. Teams of 3-5 students, led by a faculty advisor, will use the Terminal to define market assumptions, develop a return-generating strategy, and execute trades over the Bloomberg network. The winning team will have the highest Relative P&L, relative to the Bloomberg World Large, Mid & Small Cap Price Return Index (WLS Index). At Bloomberg, we believe in providing a unique experience to students. The Challenge will mimic the real-world, giving you an outlet for your investment ideas in a competitive environment. The Challenge is the future of university investment competitions and it provides the bridge between classroom theory and real-world investing.
How it works
Teams will have a $1 million virtual USD to invest in stocks. For each stock the team picks, the team captain will designate the dollar amount for trade from available funds. The team should come together to decide on trade ideas and then submit them starting 17th October 2022 using a Bloomberg Terminal. The following are the parameters for selecting securities:
- Notional 1M USD to invest
- Any stock in the WLS Index
- Single name equities – no ETFs
- Long only – no short positions
- No leverage
- No single position held by a team can be greater than 20% of the notional amount.
- Registration Period: September 17 – October 05, 2022
- Practice Week: October 11 - October 14, 2022
- Challenge Begins: October 17, 2022
- Challenge Ends: November 18, 2022
- Winners Announced: November 23, 2022
How to apply
Please register as a team of 3-5 students until October 2, 2022 by sending your CVs and transcripts of records to Victoria Treßel.